Junior Membership Application
The PHILIPPINE OBSTETRICAL AND GYNECOLOGICAL SOCIETY (Foundation), INC., congratulates the 158 examinees for passing the Diplomate Part 1-Written Examination given by the Philippine Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology (PBOG) on October 18, 2020.
The names of the candidates listed below are eligible to become JUNIOR Members of the Society following the recommendation of the Committee on Credentials and Membership and the final approval of the Board of Trustees.
A Junior Member is a physician who has completed an accredited residency training program in Obstetrics and Gynecology in the Philippines or an equivalent program abroad; has passed the Part I certifying written examination given by the Philippine Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology; has applied for and has been recommended by the Committee on Credentials and Membership to the Board of Trustees for final approval and acceptance.
All passers are required to comply with the following prerequisites:
- Submission of duly accomplished Junior Membership application form
- Submission of duly accomplished Membership Data Record with 2 x 2 picture
- Payment of P3,000.00 as Junior membership application fee
Enclosed are the forms that must be filled out and submitted to the POGS Secretariat on or before December 15, 2020. The Junior Member status shall commence on January 1, 2021.
The rights and privileges of a Member as stated in the POGS Constitution and By-Laws are the following:
- Shall be entitled to participate in all the official functions of the Society;
- Shall have the right to vote;
- Shall be entitled to a Certificate of Membership;
- Shall expect support from the Society in any professional problems and in any worthwhile undertaking;
- Shall receive benefits as provided for in the regulations of the Committee on Mutual Assistance Program.
As a new member, the Junior Member has the following Duties and Obligations to the Society:
- Shall at all times maintain the high standards of professional conduct set forth by the Society;
- Must attain Diplomate status within five (5) years from the time of admission (2021-2025) or be dropped from the roster;
- Shall conduct oneself in a manner consistent with the tenets and principles of the Code of Medical Ethics of the Medical Profession in the Philippines, as amended and as published in the Official Gazette and in the Ethical Guidelines of the POGS;
- Shall pay all dues, fees and assessment promptly;
- Shall attend at least two out of three consecutive annual conventions, including the annual business meeting;
- Shall attend at least fifty percent of the Society’s scientific meetings or seminars in his/her respective region;
- Must be a member of and should maintain good standing in the Philippine Medical Association (PMA);
We encourage you to visit our website: https://:www.pogsinc.org to learn more about the Society.
For inquiries, please call up (02)921-2479; 0917-560-9649; 0922-838-4744, look for Ms. Sandra Joy C. Eramis or email us at email@example.com
PILAR LAGMAN-DY, M.D.
Chair, Committee on Credentials and Membership