POGS Committee on Nominations is now accepting Nominees for the 2022 BOARD OF TRUSTEES
28 June 2021
To: Chairperson of POGS Accredited Hospitals
From: POGS Committee on Nominations
Re: Submission of Nominees for the 2022 Board of Trustees
This is to formally announce that the PHILIPPINE OBSTETRICAL AND GYNECOLOGICAL SOCIETY (Foundation), INC., Committee on Nominations is now accepting nominees for the 2022 POGS Board of Trustees.
Fifteen (15) official candidates from the NCR, minimum of four (4) from Luzon, two (2) from Visayas and two (2) from Mindanao will be selected for submission to the Committee on Elections. The suggested criteria for consideration are as follows:
- Attitude towards serving the Society
- Qualifications (academic credentials, experience and expertise)
- Availability and willingness for service including attendance to at least 75% of POGS activities
- Depth of previous involvement in POGS activities
- Loyalty to POGS
Please be guided with the nomination procedures:
- Institutions from NCR may submit their nominee/s directly to the Committee on Nominations headed by Dr. Ma. Corazon Zaida N. Gamilla with the corresponding documents (5 copies) consisting of the current curriculum vitae, 2×2 ID photo, signed conforme and a 50-word write-up on “Why I want to serve POGS” from each nominee not later than 15 August 2021.
- An incumbent BOT Member who are presently representing your institution/region and willing to run for the next election should be included in the list of your nominee/s.
- The Nominations Committee will announce through publication and website the names of the twenty three (23) official candidates accepted by the committee based on the corresponding number of nominees per region:National Capital Region – 15 nominees
Region 1 to 5 (North and South Luzon) – 4 nominees
Region 6 to 8 (Visayas) – 2 nominees
Region 9 to 11 (Mindanao) – 2 nominees
Please note that the incumbent members shall express in writing their willingness to run for re-election.
For strict compliance and perusal, attached are the general provisions and qualifications of a nominee as stipulated in the POGS Election Code for your reference.
Thank you very much for your cooperation.
(originally copy signed)
MA. CORAZON ZAIDA N. GAMILLA, M.D.
Chair, Committee on Nominations
(originally copy signed)
BENJAMIN D. CUENCA, M.D.
BOT Nomination Form (PDF)
Candidate Data Sheet (PDF)
POGS Election Code (PDF)