PHILIPPINE OBSTETRICAL AND GYNECOLOGICAL SOCIETY (Foundation), INC. PRIVACY NOTICE
Statement of Privacy Notice
The PHILIPPINE OBSTETRICAL AND GYNECOLOGICAL SOCIETY is committed to protect and respect your personal data privacy. This Personal Data Privacy Notice and Consent Form was prepared in accordance with the Data Privacy Act of 2012 together with its Implementing Rules and Regulations. It sets out our personal information protection to our members and individuals whom we deal within our organization.
Please note that we may amend this Data Privacy Notice and Consent Form at any time without prior notice and will notify you of any such amendment via our website or by email.
We collect and process the following personal information from you when you manually or electronically submit to us upon your application and in the course of your membership with POGS:
- Full name
- Home address
- Email address
- Date of birth
- Civil Status
- Family Background
- Face/photo, fingerprints or handwriting
- Contact numbers
- Government issued ID numbers
- Medical history and condition
- Educational background
- Professional background
The collected personal information is utilized solely for the following purposes:
- Application for membership in the Society
- Eligibility for written and oral examinations with the Philippine Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology and other activities and programs of PBOG
- Evaluation on the authenticity of all credentials for approval of membership in the Society
- Update and verification of status of membership in the Society
- Deliberate on financial delinquency cases submitted by the Finance Committee for proper censure and disciplinary action
- Benefits of members in the exercise of their rights and privileges in the Society
- Coordinate and prepare activities for Midyear Convention and Annual Convention
- Committee webinars, workshops and meeting
- Compliance of the CPD and CME requirements to PMA and PRC
- Documentation of activities and archiving within the Society
- Disciplinary sanctions, such as censure, suspension or expulsion, after due investigation
- Application for Mutual Assistance Program of the Society
- Promotion and marketing of Society’s activities
- Residents In-Service Examinations and other activities and programs of CREED
- Review and Learning Management system projects
- Distribution and deliveries of registrant’s convention kits and souvenir items, materials and goods for the meetings, webinars and conferences.
- Celebration of National Buntis Day, Community Service and other Lay Fora activities.
The said data is not shared with any outside parties without your consent unless the law and our rules allow us to. We hold this personal information data and use it to monitor and report on your progress, and assess the status of your membership with the Society.
Only authorized POGS personnel has access to this personal information, the exchange of which will be facilitated through email and hard copy. They will be stored in a database for five (5) years or as long as needed by the Society after which physical records shall be disposed of through shredding, while digital files shall be kept in our files for as long as necessary.
Data transfer and sharing
Where POGS consider it necessary or appropriate for the purposes of data storage or processing or providing any service or product on our behalf to you, we may transfer your personal information to third parties within or outside the Philippines, under conditions of confidentiality and similar levels of security safeguards.
Access and Correction
You have the right to ask for a copy of any personal information we hold about you, including existing data sharing agreement with third parties, as well as to ask for it to be corrected if you think it is wrong. To do so, please contact the Data Protection Officer, MS. SANDRA JOY ERAMIS, and/or Data Privacy Compliance Officer (COP), at the following contact information (02)921-7647 / 921-7557, E-mail address: email@example.com